News, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion,Hook Up, Beauty & Yes... Gossip! *Wink*

Search Our Blog Below

Dog "Buhari" Owner Re-arrested, Says His Life is in Danger

41-year-old Joachim Chinakwe, from Delta State has again been locked behind bars at the State Police Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, Ogun State, after initially being released.

In a phone chat with Punch, the father-of-one said “I am a law-abiding citizen of this country, I have never deliberately committed any offence before, I don’t know why I am being treated like this.

I only called the dog that name for the love I have for Pres. Buhari and Nigeria, I didn’t mean to taunt or hurt anybody with it. I don’t know what next could follow this, I am afraid for my life, I am in danger, please help me.”

The latest twist to the matter has caused relatives and friends serious distress. His 26-year-old pregnant wife, Ifeoma, and 18-month-old daughter, Temi, have also been badly affected by the situation.

Chinakwe, allegedly, didn't only name his dog Buhari, the alleged name of the father of the neighbor who reported him to the police, but also inscribed it on its body and usually walked with it into the midst of the Hausas living in his environ. .

Acting spokesperson for the Ogun State Police Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, revealed that Chinakwe would be arraigned at the Sango Magistrate Court on Monday because what he did was highly provocative and could have caused ethnic and religious crisis.

But human rights lawyer, Monday Ubani, said that there is no such law in Nigeria’s criminal code which states that it is an offence to give your pets a name of your choice, but wonders why Chinakwe would name a dog after his neighbour’s father, because it could be a bit offensive even though it was not a crime.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive