News, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion,Hook Up, Beauty & Yes... Gossip! *Wink*

Search Our Blog Below

Ooni of Ife's daughter Princess Adeola: My Dad becoming Ooni has changed My Life

Princess Adeola Aanuoluwapo Ogunwusi, the pretty daughter of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, is 21 and a graduate of Warwick University. She is currently doing her Masters programme at the University College, London in Urban Economic Development. Her dad gave birth to her when he was 19 and since then, both father and daughter have had a deep bond.

She had an interesting chat with City People. Read excerpts:

“To be honest I didn’t really understand what was going on. It all happened too fast. You know before my dad was announced as the Ooni of Ife, he was at my graduation ceremony in July and everything was still pretty normal. By normal I mean nothing much had changed with my family since I last saw them.


Then next thing I know, my dad is the Ooni of Ife and now I guess my definition of normal is about to change.” 

How do you feel having such a father that cares?
“Yeah my dad and I are close, it’s easy you know because he’s really cool and he just gets it. I couldn’t have asked for a better parent. He’s the best”.
What sort of a dad is he?
He’s like a permissive and authoritative dad. So while he allows me to express myself freely, he also values discipline.”

Where was she born? Where did she grow up?
“I grew up in Ibadan, lived there until I was 14 then I moved to Lagos. I completed my Primary and Secondary School education in Ibadan. 

What are the lessons her dad taught her?
"My dad taught me that when you combine hard work with humility, you will go places."
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive